Group dog training classes can be great, but too often the results stay behind in the classroom.
Instead, let’s do the training where you need your dog to behave his best—wherever that may be.
Two Ways to Get the Job Done
Two Ways to Get the Job Done
My dog training packages come in two shapes for reaching your training goals:
Take the Leash:
I teach you to train your dog.
- We get together for weekly sessions in your home or wherever you want to see better behavior (your neighborhood, the park, etc.)
- I coach you and your dog together
- You do the training homework during the week
- I support you along the way via email and phone for optimal results
Take the Leash Perks
- Written follow up after each session
- Daily email access
- Guaranteed weekly spot
Perfect for you if:
You’re actively interested in dog training and have some time to spare
Hand Over the Leash:
I Train For You
I train your dog for you.
- I work with your dog 3 to 5 times per week in your home or wherever you want to see better behavior (your neighborhood, the park, etc.)
- We meet once per week to transfer my training results to you
- You enjoy a well-behaved dog
Hand Over the Leash Perks
- Weekly video of training sessions
- Prepped and stuffed Kongs and work-to-eat toys: One left with your best friend after each training session, and more left in the freezer for you to use to keep your dog gainfully employed in the evening
- Cleaned water and food bowls
- Daily potty break as part of each training session
- Peace of mind of knowing progress is being made while you tend to other things on your full plate
- A tired, calm dog to come home to
Perfect for you if:
You’re as busy as most of my clients and want quick results without all the work
Positive Training for Positive Results
Whichever training package you choose, you can be sure we’ll be using only the most positive, humane, scientifically sound training approaches.
How can I help?
Ah, the well-mannered dog! Such a joy to live with! Whether your dog is young or old, new to you or an established family member, let’s teach him some new manners or polish old, forgotten ones.
Let’s create a customized training program for the manners you need most:
- attention (responding to his name)
- hand targeting (a great way to move your dog around in space or get his attention away from distractions)
- relax on your dog bed
- leave it
- drop it
- load up (into the car, or onto the couch or bed)
- loose leash walking (no pulling!)
- recall (come when called)
Think basic manners on the go. Once you’ve graduated basic manners, we’ll take your dog’s new behaviors out on the town. We work in highly challenging environments like parks, busy sidewalks, outdoor cafes, and the like to teach your dog to perform his new basic manners beautifully no matter the distractions and temptations.
Do your training goals extend beyond basic manners? Perhaps you worry about a stressful or embarrassing behavior? Maybe one that’s even a bit frightening? I’d love to help.
Let’s create a customized training program for whatever worries you:
- barking or lunging at other dogs or people
- issues with your baby or toddler or children
- hiding behind you outside or at the dog park
- eating things he shouldn’t off the ground
- refusing to leave your apartment or walk on leash
- fighting pills or nail clipping or ear cleaning or eye drops
- growling at you when he’s eating
- pottying in the wrong places
- barking more than you or your neighbors would like
- destroying your home
- even biting—let me know what’s going on and we’ll tackle it
Let’s Get Started: 2 Steps to Reach Your Training Goals
Step 1: Your Initial Training Consult
I’d love to work with you. If you feel I’m the right dog trainer for you, the first step is your initial consult.
I’ll come to your home for convenience. I’ll take a history, meet your dog, and listen to your training goals. Then we’ll formulate a personalized plan, and schedule your training. And I won’t leave before we’ve started some foundation exercises, answered your pressing questions, and put a management plan in place for some immediate relief.
2 hours: $400
Step 2: Your Customized Training Package
Your personalized training plan will be just that: personalized. We’ll create a plan specific to your goals and your busy lifestyle.
Take the Leash sessions: $200 for 60 minutes
Hand Over the Leash sessions: $200 for 60 minutes
Why Hand Me the Leash?
Many of my clients choose to Hand Over The Leash and have me do their training for them. It’s no wonder: New Yorkers have unique work demands and commute challenges. We’re busy people. Adding daily dog training practice sessions to an already over-burdened schedule often just isn’t feasible.
Here are the advantages of letting me train for you:
Stronger, more lasting results
Progress while you work
Peace of mind
Dogs, Babies & Children
Expecting your first human child? Having issues with a mixed dog-and-child household? It’s always best to tackle these situations early, for everyone’s safety and your peace of mind. Let’s get your Dog & Baby Consult set up as soon as possible. Email me today.
As a licensed Family Paws Parent Educator, I teach monthly Dogs & Storks classes at NYU Langone on E 38th St and 1st Ave. I’m available for public Dogs & Storks baby prep and Dogs & Toddlers presentations for mom’s groups, OBGYN clinics, midwifery and doula groups, baby specialty stores, and the like.
I want to see you succeed.
That’s why I work with just a few clients at a time. This allows me to focus my attention on your individual needs and goals, and to personalize your training plan, adjusting as we go to give you the best chance of success.
Ready for a new leash on your dog’s behavior?
What my clients have to say (Thanks, Jessie and Maji!)
Lauren has been a life saver. She has been working with our dog, Lucy, for the last two months and we have not only seen tremendous results but our confidence as first time dog owners has increased. She goes above and beyond, spending extra time with us when necessary and always follows up with a thorough email recapping what we did in our lesson and what to do at home. She’s very passionate about her profession and it is such a pleasure to work with her. I think we get just as excited about training as Lucy does.
I could gush for hours about Lauren! We have two lab mixes, about 2 and 4.5 years old. Our youngest dog started showing signs of aggression towards younger dogs. She spent lots of time answering our questions. When we took the dogs out on a walk with her, she was immediately able to pinpoint things we had never noticed. After our session, we received an amazingly detailed overview, complete with step-by-step instructions for training/homework for us to do with our dogs, videos that break down dog behavior, and recommendations for treats/food/etc. We’ve seen an incredible improvement—I’m now able to take both of my dogs and my 1.5 year old son to the vet, and the waiting room is a breeze when I use Lauren’s training tactics. I previously just sat and held on to the leashes for dear life. I should mention that during my time looking for a trainer, she also had some of the most competitive pricing, and I have to say she’s absolutely worth it! Thank you!